Summer is a great time in Korea, as it is everywhere else. There are always lots more things to do and places are over later and you can just sit outside and relax. The post is about the top 5 things you should do in the summer while in Korea.
1. Jeju Island is a little getaway for Koreans. It's so beautiful and peaceful. Everything is natural on Jeju Island and there is also a ton of things to do. There are yacht tours, submarine tours, sex museums, beautiful waterfalls, beaches, etc. There are two ways to get there, by boat or plane. Plane is not very expensive either. I can't wait until I go there!
2.The Boryeong Mud Festival is one of the biggest festivals in Korea. Tourist come from all over the world to attend this event. Who doesn't want to spend the day rolling around in mud and having mud fights? This event takes place from July 18-27 in Daecheon Beach.
3. The Beach Busan has the best beaches Korea has to offer and great nightlife. There are 3 different beaches for you to visit; Haeundae Beach- Young crowd, Songjeong Beach- Family, and Gwangalli Beach-Unique cafes and seafood restaurants. Every beach has a different crowd, so you should make sure you find the one that is right for you!
4. Ulleungdo Island. Before I came to Korea I made a bucket list of things I wanted to see and do in Korea, this was at the top of that list. The island of Ulleungdo looks so beautiful. Obviously summer would be the best time to go and explore the island. Lots of tourists come here for hiking, boating, fishing and to eat a hoe (Korean raw fish dish) ....yes I know it sounds very vulgar!
5. Go shopping in a night market. I've been to Namdaemun Market during the day and it was crazy busy. So i'm really interested in seeing what Dongdaemun Market is like, especially at night. Apparently there is lots of good deals at these night markets, so I need to check it out.
6. Pool parties. If you are into lounging by a pool with a live DJ, BBQ and drinks flowing in the city then the Hamilton rooftop pool is a great place to hang out. It is located in Itaewon station just off exit ! you can't miss it. It costs 20,000 won for entrance, so it can be a little pricey to go to on a regular basis. A locker or towel is 3,000 won. Not too sure about drink or food costs because I didn't do either when I went there.
7. Who doesn't like amusement parks? Lotte World is the Korean version of Disney World. This is definitely a must do for me, as I have never been to Disney World. All my students are always talking about it. Of course it can be a little expensive but there is lots to do.
Welcome to Herxtravels!!
I’m Hilda, the writer behind Herxtravels. Here you can find travel guides, reviews and tips. Find out more about me here.
HerxTravels in pictures
HerxTravels on Twitter