- 1 What should I buy before going to Korea?
- 2 What do you need when you travel to South Korea?
- 3 What can you not bring to Korea?
- 4 Can I fly to Korea right now?
- 5 Is South Korea expensive?
- 6 What food can I bring to South Korea?
- 7 What is the best things to buy in Korea?
- 8 Are there Oreos in Korea?
- 9 How long can I stay in Korea without a visa?
- 10 Which countries can enter South Korea without visa?
- 11 What can you bring to Korea?
- 12 How much cash can I bring to South Korea?
- 13 What Cannot be sent to South Korea?
- 14 Is Spotify banned in South Korea?
What should I buy before going to Korea?
Moving to Korea: The Ultimate Packing List
- Power Strip. A small power strip is a must!
- Unlocked Phone. Research whether you will need your phone unlocked before you come.
- Pictures of home. Photos take up hardly any space, so pack a ton!
- Bed sheets.
- Pain Medication & Vitamins.
What do you need when you travel to South Korea?
For travel after September 1, 2021, you must have a valid U.S. passport and a visa or an approved Korea Electronic Travel Authorization (K-ETA) to enter Korea. Most U.S. passport holders traveling to Korea for tourism or business purposes for less than 90 days can obtain a K-ETA.
What can you not bring to Korea?
Guns, narcotics, pornography, subversive material, treasonous material, and counterfeit goods are prohibited from entering Korea.
Can I fly to Korea right now?
There are no restrictions on domestic travel in Korea. However, those entering Korea from abroad will not be permitted to board domestic connecting flights (i.e., to Jeju or Busan) until completing government-mandated quarantine. 5
Is South Korea expensive?
Indeed, while the cost of living in Korea is far from cheap, your trip doesn’t have to be exorbitantly expensive. Certain aspects of traveling through Korea (accommodation, always, and usually transport) are going to be pricey, but you can compensate in other areas to equalize your trip cost.
What food can I bring to South Korea?
Items to be declared
- Meat and poultry items such as beef, pork, lamb, chicken, etc.
- Processed meat products such as ham, sausage, beef jerky, marinated beef, canned meats, etc.
- Animal bone items such as antlers, bones, horns, tusks, etc.
- Egg products such as whole eggs, egg whites, powdered eggs, etc.
What is the best things to buy in Korea?
12 Things You Can Only Buy in South Korea
- Hallyu paraphernalia. If you’ve fallen victim to K-pop (or K-drama) fever, there’s no better place to rack up on Hallyu paraphernalia than South Korea.
- Quirky Korean socks.
- Unique kitchenware.
- K-beauty products.
- Korean paper products.
- Cute stationery.
Are there Oreos in Korea?
So now Dongsuh Foods is the only company who has legal right to produce both Kraft and Post products. Therefore only Korea has Oreo O’s.
How long can I stay in Korea without a visa?
For US citizens you must have a valid passport to enter the Republic of Korea. Although obtaining a visa in advance can ease the entry process, as long as you have a valid U.S. passport, you can enter the Republic of Korea without a visa for a stay of up to 90 days if you are a tourist or on business.
Which countries can enter South Korea without visa?
- 180 days. Canada (suspended)
- 90 days. European Union citizens (except Cyprus) (suspended) Antigua and Barbuda (suspended) Australia (suspended) Bahamas (suspended) Barbados.
- 60 days. Lesotho (suspended) Russia (suspended)
- 30 days. Albania. Andorra. Argentina (suspended) Bahrain (suspended)
What can you bring to Korea?
What You Can Bring into South Korea — If you are over 19, you can bring the following goods into South Korea without incurring a custom tax: 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, or 250 grams of other tobacco products; one bottle (not exceeding 1 liter) of alcohol; 57 grams of perfume; gifts up to the value of W300,000.
How much cash can I bring to South Korea?
-. Foreign currencies: unlimited, if declared on arrival. Amounts exceeding the equivalent of USD 10,000. – (including traveler’s cheques) must be accompanied by a “Declaration of Foreign Currencies” form.
What Cannot be sent to South Korea?
Coins; banknotes; currency notes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; traveler’s checks; platinum, gold, and silver; precious stones; jewelry; watches; and other valuable articles are prohibited in Priority Mail Express International shipments to the Republic of Korea.
Is Spotify banned in South Korea?
But the Korean company accused Spotify of refusing to extend its licence. Kakao M is South Korea’s top music distributor, responsible for 37.5% of the songs featured in the country’s Top 400 Yearly Song Chart in 2020.