After a grueling 5 hour flight on AirAsia to Malaysia, then layover over night for 8 hrs, I finally made it to Singapore! I was dead tired because I had a graduation ceremony at school for the kids who did the winter break school so I was up early. I needed to sleep so I decided to get a room at the Sama Sama hotel in the airport. It was kinda pricey for Kuala Lumpur, it was 200 MYR for 6 hrs (in CAD that is $70). The room was pretty nice and cozy and there was a television, something I haven't had in over a year!
I made reservations at the Five Stones Hostel in the centre of the town. I found it on Agoda, so I read reviews about it and they were mostly positive. It looked really nice and clean as well.
To get to the hotel it was very simple...
1) You take the shuttle bus to the MRT station
2) Take the MRT going towards Tanah Merah, you need to buy your ticket from the machine which only takes small change amounts (under 5 SGD) since the fare is only 1.30 I believe.
3) Get off two stops later at Tanah Merah
4) Get on the train going to Joo Koon Station, get off at Bugis which is 8 stops away
5) Then exit from exit B, which will take you to Victoria street and turn right, follow the street until you see Arab street then turn right.
6) Walk down Arab street until you hit Beach Road, then turn left and Five stone is right before the bus stop (a 1 min walk)
Around the hostel there were a lot of things to do, Arab street was right around the corner. It has great stores, bars and restaurants. Little India was a walk away. They have beautiful temples, colourful buildings and great food. I would recommend staying here if you are looking to go to Singapore. Great area, very safe, there are mixed and same sex dorms. Of course the other perks of being in a hostel; free breakfast, free wifi, lockers for your valuables, free shampoo and soap. Also the staff was really helpful, I had lots of questions for them about what to do, what to see and how to get to Kuala Lumpur.
Welcome to Herxtravels!
I’m Hilda, the writer behind Herxtravels. Here you can find travel guides, reviews and tips. Find out more about me here.
LATEST ON INSTAGRAM