- 1 What states are in Asia?
- 2 Are there 50 countries in Asia?
- 3 How many states and union territories are there in Asia?
- 4 Are there 51 countries in Asia?
- 5 Which is the smallest country in Asia?
- 6 What is the world’s largest country?
- 7 Which is the smallest country in the world?
- 8 Which are the 9 union territories of India 2020?
- 9 What are the 28 states and 9 union territories of India?
- 10 Which is the 29th state in India?
- 11 Where is Asia located?
- 12 Which country is closest to Australia?
- 13 How many countries are on the planet?
What states are in Asia?
Today, Asia is home to the citizens of Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan,
Are there 50 countries in Asia?
Being the biggest continent in the world, Asia includes 50 independent countries and occupies the eastern part of the single Eurasian landmass. This boundary crosses through the territory of Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, so these states are in both continents.
How many states and union territories are there in Asia?
India comprises 28 States and 8 Union Territories.
Are there 51 countries in Asia?
Asia consists of 51 different countries with a total land area of 45 m km².
Which is the smallest country in Asia?
Maldives is an island nation in the Indian Ocean-Arabian sea area. It is the smallest Asian country in both population and area.
What is the world’s largest country?
Russia is the largest country by far, with a total area of about 17 million square kilometers. Despite its large area, Russia – nowadays the largest country in the world – has a relatively small total population.
Which is the smallest country in the world?
The smallest country in the world is Vatican City, with a landmass of just 0.49 square kilometers (0.19 square miles). Vatican City is an independent state surrounded by Rome.
Which are the 9 union territories of India 2020?
Union Territories of India
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu.
- Jammu and Kashmir.
What are the 28 states and 9 union territories of India?
States and Union Territories
- Andhra Pradesh(Amaravati)
- Arunachal Pradesh(Itanagar)
Which is the 29th state in India?
Andhra Pradesh was created with the merger of Andhra State with the Telugu-speaking districts of Hyderabad State in 1956.
Where is Asia located?
Asia is a continent in the eastern and northern hemispheres. It is located east of Europe, north of the Indian Ocean, and it is bordered on the east by the Pacific Ocean and on the north by the Arctic Ocean.
Which country is closest to Australia?
Australia lies between the Pacific and Indian oceans. It is the largest island – and one of the largest countries – in the world. Its closest neighbours are New Zealand to the east and Papua New Guinea to the north.
How many countries are on the planet?
Countries in the World: There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.