- 1 Are there 51 countries in Asia?
- 2 What are the 5 major countries in Asia?
- 3 What is the world’s largest country?
- 4 Who is the poorest country in Asia?
- 5 Which is best country in Asia?
- 6 Where is Asia located?
- 7 Are there 50 countries in Asia?
- 8 Which country is closest to Australia?
- 9 Which is the smallest country in the world?
- 10 How many countries are in world?
Are there 51 countries in Asia?
Asia consists of 51 different countries with a total land area of 45 m km².
What are the 5 major countries in Asia?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries by area in square miles:
- China (3,746,887 square miles)
- India (1,269,010 square miles)
- Kazakhstan (1,051,811 square miles)
- Saudi Arabia (829,780 square miles)
- Indonesia (735,164 square miles)
- Iran (636,203 square miles)
- Mongolia (603,746 square miles)
What is the world’s largest country?
Russia is the largest country by far, with a total area of about 17 million square kilometers. Despite its large area, Russia – nowadays the largest country in the world – has a relatively small total population.
Who is the poorest country in Asia?
Poorest Asian Countries 2021
- North Korea. Based on available data, North Korea is the poorest country in Asia, with a per capita GDP of just $651.
- Nepal. Nepal is the second-poorest country in Asia.
Which is best country in Asia?
Of these, China, South Korea and Japan are all in the top 10.
- Malaysia. Starting off with Southeast Asia, Malaysia is a good option for students looking to immerse themselves in an array of cultures and settings.
- South Korea.
- Hong Kong.
Where is Asia located?
Asia is a continent in the eastern and northern hemispheres. It is located east of Europe, north of the Indian Ocean, and it is bordered on the east by the Pacific Ocean and on the north by the Arctic Ocean.
Are there 50 countries in Asia?
Being the biggest continent in the world, Asia includes 50 independent countries and occupies the eastern part of the single Eurasian landmass. This boundary crosses through the territory of Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, so these states are in both continents.
Which country is closest to Australia?
Australia lies between the Pacific and Indian oceans. It is the largest island – and one of the largest countries – in the world. Its closest neighbours are New Zealand to the east and Papua New Guinea to the north.
Which is the smallest country in the world?
The smallest country in the world is Vatican City, with a landmass of just 0.49 square kilometers (0.19 square miles). Vatican City is an independent state surrounded by Rome.
How many countries are in world?
There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.