- 1 How much do you need to backpack Southeast Asia?
- 2 What do I need to backpack Southeast Asia?
- 3 How do you backpack Asia?
- 4 How long does it take to backpack through Southeast Asia?
- 5 Is Vietnam cheaper than Cambodia?
- 6 How much money do you need for 3 months in Asia?
- 7 Is Southeast Asia safe?
- 8 What is the best time of year to go to Southeast Asia?
- 9 What is the best way to travel around Southeast Asia?
- 10 What do I need to pack for 3 months in Asia?
- 11 What’s the longest river in SE Asia?
- 12 How long do you need to travel Southeast Asia?
- 13 Why is it called Banana Pancake Trail?
- 14 What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
- 15 How can I travel Asia cheaply?
How much do you need to backpack Southeast Asia?
Note: To make a relatively accurate budget calculation for your South East Asia trip, plan for $50 – $60 per day for a couple, which equals $1,500 – $1,800/month. Plan on $35 – $40 per day for one person travelling, which equals $1,050 – $1,200/month. Now You Have a Southeast Asia Backpacking Budget!
What do I need to backpack Southeast Asia?
Here’s a quick minimalist list of packing essentials in Asia!
- Quick-dry towel.
- Waterproof bag.
- Day backpack.
- Universal charger and adaptors (especially knowing that most countries have different outlets!)
- Flip flops.
- Hiking shoes.
How do you backpack Asia?
Here’s our advice for getting the most out of backpacking Southeast Asia for the first time.
- Plan around the weather.
- Get off the beaten track.
- Try the street food.
- Budget carefully – but have the odd splurge.
- Learn from the locals.
- Embrace the great outdoors.
- Make time for temples.
- Get high.
How long does it take to backpack through Southeast Asia?
Southeast Asia is one of the most popular backpacking spots in the world. With its low cost of travel, diversity and unique cultures, all within close proximity, Southeast Asia is the perfect destination for travelers to spend 3 months traveling around without getting bored and blowing a hole in your wallet.
Is Vietnam cheaper than Cambodia?
By figuring out which country is more expensive, you’ll understand where you’ll get more bang for your buck. A week in Cambodia can cost you about $348 (per person), while a week in Vietnam may cost you around $366. These differences become even more noticable if you plan to spend a longer time in the country.
How much money do you need for 3 months in Asia?
Average costs for Southeast Asia On a longer trip, plan on spending about $35/day for one person on average, or about $1000/month. That’s traveling as a backpacker, using budget accommodation and eating mainly local food.
Is Southeast Asia safe?
Generally speaking, Southeast Asia is incredibly safe. In fact, it’s one of the safest regions in the world. You aren’t going to really face any physical danger, and it’s rare to even get robbed or mugged. People are nice, respectful, and friendly.
What is the best time of year to go to Southeast Asia?
Generally speaking, the best time to visit most places in Southeast Asia is from November through February when the weather is dry and cool. Wet monsoon rains fall from June to October in most countries. 6
What is the best way to travel around Southeast Asia?
The easiest and cheapest way to travel around Southeast Asia is by bus. A bus will take you everywhere and anywhere you want to go, no matter how far. The backpacker trail is so worn that there is a very well established and oiled tourist bus system to take you anywhere.
What do I need to pack for 3 months in Asia?
So without further ado, let’s work our way through what to pack for three months in Southeast Asia. First Aid Kit
- Lifeventure Travel Washbag.
- Hand Sanitiser.
- 3 x Trek Pyramid 55% Deet Mosquito Repellant.
- Ben’s Insect Repellant Wipes.
What’s the longest river in SE Asia?
The Mekong —one of the world’s great river systems—is the longest river of mainland Southeast Asia and has the largest drainage basin.
How long do you need to travel Southeast Asia?
Southeast Asia in 2 months or more. 2 months is the perfect minimum time to enjoy all four countries in mainland South-East Asia without having to rush.
Why is it called Banana Pancake Trail?
The Banana Pancake Trail is thought to have received its name from the sticky-sweet banana pancakes often served by street vendors and in guesthouses that offer free breakfasts.
What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
A Two-Week Travel Itinerary to Thailand
- Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok and go Shopping.
- Day 2: Visit Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and Wat Phra Kaew Before Having Dinner in Chinatown.
- Day 3: Fly to Phuket, Swim at Freedom Beach, and go out on Bangla Road.
- Day 4: Head to Koh Phi Phi and Take to the Viewpoints.
How can I travel Asia cheaply?
8 top money-saving tips for travelling on a shoestring in SE Asia
- Take night buses or trains. Always try to book on to a night train or bus when you can.
- Go for soft seat rather than sleeper berth.
- Drink Bia Hoi.
- Don’t bother packing a toothbrush.
- Avoid organised tours where possible.