- 1 How much does it cost to travel Southeast Asia?
- 2 How can I travel around Asia on a budget?
- 3 When should I travel to Southeast Asia?
- 4 How do I prepare for Southeast Asia?
- 5 What is the cheapest country in Southeast Asia?
- 6 How much money do you need for 3 months in Asia?
- 7 What is the best way to travel Asia?
- 8 Is it easy to travel around Asia?
- 9 What is the most beautiful country in South Asia?
- 10 What is the best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia?
- 11 What is the best time of year to go to Asia?
- 12 How long do you need to backpack Southeast Asia?
- 13 Is Southeast Asia safe?
How much does it cost to travel Southeast Asia?
Note: To make a relatively accurate budget calculation for your South East Asia trip, plan for $50 – $60 per day for a couple, which equals $1,500 – $1,800/month. Plan on $35 – $40 per day for one person travelling, which equals $1,050 – $1,200/month.
How can I travel around Asia on a budget?
8 top money-saving tips for travelling on a shoestring in SE Asia
- Take night buses or trains. Always try to book on to a night train or bus when you can.
- Go for soft seat rather than sleeper berth.
- Drink Bia Hoi.
- Don’t bother packing a toothbrush.
- Avoid organised tours where possible.
When should I travel to Southeast Asia?
Generally speaking, the best time to visit most places in Southeast Asia is from November through February when the weather is dry and cool. Wet monsoon rains fall from June to October in most countries.
How do I prepare for Southeast Asia?
11 tips for backpacking Southeast Asia
- Plan around the weather.
- Get off the beaten track.
- Try the street food.
- Budget carefully – but have the odd splurge.
- Learn from the locals.
- Embrace the great outdoors.
- Make time for temples.
- Get high.
What is the cheapest country in Southeast Asia?
6 of the Cheapest Countries in Southeast Asia
- Philippines: cheap and cheerful.
- Malaysia: considered by many as expensive but actually cheap.
- Laos: cheapest country lacking mass tourism.
- Cambodia: luxury travel for budget prices.
- Indonesia: the cheap destination to experience island life.
How much money do you need for 3 months in Asia?
Average costs for Southeast Asia On a longer trip, plan on spending about $35/day for one person on average, or about $1000/month. That’s traveling as a backpacker, using budget accommodation and eating mainly local food.
What is the best way to travel Asia?
The easiest and cheapest way to travel around Southeast Asia is by bus. A bus will take you everywhere and anywhere you want to go, no matter how far. The backpacker trail is so worn that there is a very well established and oiled tourist bus system to take you anywhere.
Is it easy to travel around Asia?
In short, Southeast Asia is pretty easy to get around: take the train as often as you can in Thailand, take the train in Vietnam if you have the time, and take buses everywhere else. If you’re pressed for time, take the night trains or fly. And if you find a good flight deal, definitely fly! Simple and easy.
What is the most beautiful country in South Asia?
Indonesia. It’s Indonesia that’s captured the hearts and minds of our readers, taking the number one spot for most beautiful place in Southeast Asia.
What is the best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia?
Oct-Nov and May-June are the best times to visit Cambodia and Vietnam as you’ll find fewer crowds, less humidity and drier conditions throughout the region.
What is the best time of year to go to Asia?
In general, the cool, dry season lasts from November to April across mainland Southeast Asia and the Philippines making this a good time to visit Thailand, Vietnam or Indochina, while Indonesia and Borneo are drier from April to October, and Malaysia offers year-round sun on one coast or the other.
How long do you need to backpack Southeast Asia?
But I’m aware most people probably don’t have that much time on their hands, especially if they don’t work online. I would suggest spending 3 months in Southeast Asia at a minimum. The following 3 month Southeast Asia backpacking itinerary will help you see the best of the region.
Is Southeast Asia safe?
Generally speaking, Southeast Asia is incredibly safe. In fact, it’s one of the safest regions in the world. You aren’t going to really face any physical danger, and it’s rare to even get robbed or mugged. People are nice, respectful, and friendly.