- 1 How much should I budget for backpacking Southeast Asia?
- 2 How long do you need to backpack Southeast Asia?
- 3 Where should I start backpacking in Asia?
- 4 How much money do you need for 3 months in Asia?
- 5 How much money do you need for backpacking?
- 6 Is Cambodia more expensive than Thailand?
- 7 What is the cheapest country in Southeast Asia?
- 8 What is the best time of year to go to Southeast Asia?
- 9 What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
- 10 What is the best country to visit in Southeast Asia?
- 11 How can I travel around Asia on a budget?
- 12 What’s the longest river in SE Asia?
- 13 How do you backpack around Asia?
- 14 What do I need to pack for 3 months in Asia?
How much should I budget for backpacking Southeast Asia?
Note: To make a relatively accurate budget calculation for your South East Asia trip, plan for $50 – $60 per day for a couple, which equals $1,500 – $1,800/month. Plan on $35 – $40 per day for one person travelling, which equals $1,050 – $1,200/month. Now You Have a Southeast Asia Backpacking Budget!
How long do you need to backpack Southeast Asia?
But I’m aware most people probably don’t have that much time on their hands, especially if they don’t work online. I would suggest spending 3 months in Southeast Asia at a minimum. The following 3 month Southeast Asia backpacking itinerary will help you see the best of the region.
Where should I start backpacking in Asia?
Popular places to visit: Jakarta, Bali, Gili Islands, Lombok, Java, Sumatra. Indonesia can accommodate both backpacking beginners and those after a more “off the beaten trail” experience. The popular Bali and Gili Islands are very tourist-friendly, and you are bound to meet heaps of fellow backpackers here.
How much money do you need for 3 months in Asia?
Average costs for Southeast Asia On a longer trip, plan on spending about $35/day for one person on average, or about $1000/month. That’s traveling as a backpacker, using budget accommodation and eating mainly local food.
How much money do you need for backpacking?
As an approximate guide, I generally allow about $2,000 (£1,000 / €1,500) a month when backpacking around the world. Cities tend to be the most expensive places to stay so allow more if you are spending more than a few days in major cities.
Is Cambodia more expensive than Thailand?
By figuring out which country is more expensive, you’ll understand where you’ll get more bang for your buck. A week in Cambodia can cost you about $348 (per person), while a week in Thailand may cost you around $686. These differences become even more noticable if you plan to spend a longer time in the country.
What is the cheapest country in Southeast Asia?
6 of the Cheapest Countries in Southeast Asia
- Philippines: cheap and cheerful.
- Malaysia: considered by many as expensive but actually cheap.
- Laos: cheapest country lacking mass tourism.
- Cambodia: luxury travel for budget prices.
- Indonesia: the cheap destination to experience island life.
What is the best time of year to go to Southeast Asia?
Generally speaking, the best time to visit most places in Southeast Asia is from November through February when the weather is dry and cool. Wet monsoon rains fall from June to October in most countries. 6
What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
A Two-Week Travel Itinerary to Thailand
- Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok and go Shopping.
- Day 2: Visit Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and Wat Phra Kaew Before Having Dinner in Chinatown.
- Day 3: Fly to Phuket, Swim at Freedom Beach, and go out on Bangla Road.
- Day 4: Head to Koh Phi Phi and Take to the Viewpoints.
What is the best country to visit in Southeast Asia?
Here is the list of 9 Best Countries To Visit in South-East Asia
- Indonesia – Incredible Indonesia.
- Cambodia – A Country Rich in Heritage & Natural Beauty.
- Philippines – Gateway to hidden beaches and exotic islands.
- Malaysia – Asia in true sense!
- Laos – The Land of Serenity and Bountiful Nature.
How can I travel around Asia on a budget?
8 top money-saving tips for travelling on a shoestring in SE Asia
- Take night buses or trains. Always try to book on to a night train or bus when you can.
- Go for soft seat rather than sleeper berth.
- Drink Bia Hoi.
- Don’t bother packing a toothbrush.
- Avoid organised tours where possible.
What’s the longest river in SE Asia?
The Mekong —one of the world’s great river systems—is the longest river of mainland Southeast Asia and has the largest drainage basin.
How do you backpack around Asia?
Here’s our advice for getting the most out of backpacking Southeast Asia for the first time.
- Plan around the weather.
- Get off the beaten track.
- Try the street food.
- Budget carefully – but have the odd splurge.
- Learn from the locals.
- Embrace the great outdoors.
- Make time for temples.
- Get high.
What do I need to pack for 3 months in Asia?
So without further ado, let’s work our way through what to pack for three months in Southeast Asia. First Aid Kit
- Lifeventure Travel Washbag.
- Hand Sanitiser.
- 3 x Trek Pyramid 55% Deet Mosquito Repellant.
- Ben’s Insect Repellant Wipes.