Are there 50 countries in Asia?
Being the biggest continent in the world, Asia includes 50 independent countries and occupies the eastern part of the single Eurasian landmass. This boundary crosses through the territory of Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey, so these states are in both continents.
What are the 5 major countries in Asia?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries by area in square miles:
- China (3,746,887 square miles)
- India (1,269,010 square miles)
- Kazakhstan (1,051,811 square miles)
- Saudi Arabia (829,780 square miles)
- Indonesia (735,164 square miles)
- Iran (636,203 square miles)
- Mongolia (603,746 square miles)
What is the world’s largest country?
Russia is the largest country by far, with a total area of about 17 million square kilometers. Despite its large area, Russia – nowadays the largest country in the world – has a relatively small total population.
Where is Asia located?
Asia is a continent in the eastern and northern hemispheres. It is located east of Europe, north of the Indian Ocean, and it is bordered on the east by the Pacific Ocean and on the north by the Arctic Ocean.
How many country are in Asia?
There are 48 countries in Asia today, according to the United Nations. The full list is shown in the table below, with current population and subregion (based on the United Nations official statistics).
Who is the poorest country in Asia?
Poorest Asian Countries 2021
- North Korea. Based on available data, North Korea is the poorest country in Asia, with a per capita GDP of just $651.
- Nepal. Nepal is the second-poorest country in Asia.
What is the saddest country in the world?
Measures including social support, personal freedom, gross domestic product (GDP) and levels of corruption were also factored in. The country deemed the most unhappy in the world was Afghanistan, followed by Lesotho, Botswana, Rwanda and Zimbabwe.
What is the happiest country on earth?
The 10 Happiest Countries in the World
- Finland. For the fourth year in a row, Finland is number one when it comes to happiness.
- Denmark. Denmark remained in the number two spot this year.